Thursday, November 13, 2008

Striving for Chillaxination

The after effects from last night's incident are lingering. I'd like to blame my pseudo-odd behavior today on that....but I'm not sure dropping my trailer is totally to blame.

The obvious solution was eloquently stated in a text message from a good friend:

"Yeah sounds like you need to chillax bro!"

Truer words were never spoken.

I'm not used to being in print. I'm not used to revealing myself at all. Ever since it went to press I've been super paranoid and nervous that I said/did something wrong with regards to the article although I know that's not the case. It's not a plea for reassurance/fishing for compliments....it's just....a complex I guess haha.

I dunno. It's similar to the way I used to be after almost every gig I played with any given band (I think I wrote about this in an earlier post so forgive the repeat).

"Hey great show!"

"Yeah but the one tune was too fast. I screwed this part off. We really didn't play well at all...blah blah blah blah"

"Um....well I thought it was good so....."

I don't know if it's residual perfectionism or just plain paranoia.

So apologies to anyone I've annoyed/inconvenienced with my ramblings on. The trailer drop thing just really put me on edge. I'm starting to realize just how lucky I was.

Cheers again to Aaron for writing such a great article and to Chris for having an interest in the story. I miss not being able to pick up a CP every week. Seriously, have you BEEN to Pikeville, KY? It's pretty from a scenic standpoint.....but there ain't much here to do.

Ok. Feeling slightly calmer. T'would be much easier with a certain Queen of Hearts around....


Anyway, the truck goes in for its 15000 mile check up tomorrow after our 10:30am show. It seems like a lifetime ago when I watched the odometer hit 1000 miles.


Taking this gig was such a good decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment