Tuesday, July 22, 2008

This is what Silence Looks Like

Odessa, TX.

And yes that is a local replication of Stonehenge. There's that and this wi-fi cafe I found attached to Odessa College (which looks like a high school). That's about it.

And as far as my Verizon internets coverage goes:

"Can you hear me now?"

"What?! I can't hear you ya durn fool! I'm in freakin' Odessa, TX!"

Good times.

Not too much else to report. I feel like a real official RV'r now that I've used the sewage hose for the first time upon leaving Waco. I think I was more nervous and scared about that than the first time I sat behind the drum kit for the show.

Steve and I banged out the drive from Waco to Odessa in record time. It doesn't seem right that we find a 6hr drive as a nice break.... We've got another 12 hour drive ahead of us to get to Lafayette next week. Trying to get there as soon as I can since the plan is to hit up New Orleans early Tuesday and come back Wed night.

Oh and I learned more lessons in Waco:

Never leave your camera laying around a Russian Clown and Finnish Cross Bow dude when they've been drinking as you run back to your trailer real quick. That's all that needs to be said......

I already had my oil changed and tires rotated earlier today. That was the one goal for the week. I should take up knitting or something.

Brian and I are going to take a trip to the Odessa Stonehenge here in a bit so I'll post a few pics then.

I still haven't gotten word from any of you fools when you're coming to see me. So step it up! I don't want to wait until Halloween to see yinz gois.

No comments:

Post a Comment